Saturday 24 January 2009

My Place

When the bread's been made, the guinea pigs have been cuddled and all is well in the world of my boys then I fill up my teacup and head to my favourite place. It's perfectly located, between the warmth of the fire and mountain views of the window, in the centre of the house and not too far from anyone. I can sit and ponder a while or admire the hyacinths coming into bloom, inhaling their sweet fragrance. It's my wee corner of peace, of prayer and of course, of knitting.

Here is the current work in the progress, advancing ever so slowly. The wool is an aran tweed of unknown provenance (bought at a bargain price at a jumble sale of craft materials), but what a find! It is flecked with lovely colours echoing the landscape. I'm making a simple bolero type cardi (for myself) from the Rowan book 'Scottish Island Knits'. I'm still a knitting novice, but I find the whole process very relaxing and meditative (when it's going well!).

So, where's your favourite place right now?

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I have a lovely chair by the front widow. The window goes all the way down to the floor. I sit and pray, paint or read lovely blogs such as yours! We will be moving, I wonder what nice spot God has prepared for me there?

    ReplyDelete